Guacamelee! Gold Edition is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer set in a magical Mexican-inspired world. The game draws its inspiration from traditional Mexican culture and folklore, and features many interesting and unique characters.
Guacamelee! builds on the classic open-world Metroidvania style of games by adding deep melee combat, a new dimension switching mechanic, and cooperative local multiplayer. The game also blurs the boundaries between combat and platforming by making many moves useful and necessary for both.
Travel through a mystical and mysterious Mexican world as a luchador using the power of your two fists to battle evil. Uncover hidden wrestling techniques like the Rooster Uppercut, and Dimension Swap to open new areas and secrets.
- Use combat moves for both fighting enemies and platforming challenges
- Swap between multiple overlapping dimensions (World of the Living and the World of the Dead)
- "El Infierno" level expansion. Brave the fires of El Infierno and prove yourself in a series of challenges to unlock powerful new costumes for Juan and Tostada
- Player costumes! Swap costumes to change the attributes of your Hero, and obtain new achievements
- Steam Achievements, Leaderboards, Cloud Save, and Big Picture Mode
- Trading Cards
- Create new custom costumes and share these with others via Steam Workshop
- Drop in/out 2-Player local co-operative play for the entire story
- Chickens. Lots and lots of Chickens
Also Available: Super Turbo Championship Edition!
An alternate, expanded edition of Guacamelee! is now available to Steam PC users! Guac STCE adds to the Gold Edition with extra powers, levels and enemies, and enhancements to gameplay and graphics. Click the banner to find out more.